Monday, February 6, 2017

My Everyday Fix of Smoothie without Sugar or Yogurt

I quit using yogurt in my smoothies when I realized how much sugar is in it--sugar is listed usually as the second ingredient.  Same with peanut butter.  My sugarless smoothie solves many health problems.

Good for you!  Tastes like "healthy goodness."
I want sugar only in my desserts, when I know I'm eating it and can brush my teeth afterwards.  According to my dentist, it's not how much sugar you eat that hurts your teeth, but how often.  People who drink sugar are even more likely to lose teeth than people who eat it, because they drink something all day, every day.  So, I can make my own smoothie without sugar and without yogurt anytime I want.  More milk gives me more calcium--good for bones and teeth.

Now I'm finished preaching, so here are my ingredients: 


1 cup milk--I use 2%
1 banana
1/3 cup or 2 handfuls frozen or fresh blueberries or other berries, but blueberries are my favorite.


Substitute for berries a slice of fresh pineapple, but not canned fruit of any kind.  Another substitute for berries is peanut butter, but only if you find it sugarless in a health foods store or make it yourself with honey in your nut grinder.


That's it!  Put these 3 ingredients in your blender and zip:  sugarless smoothie, delicious.  I set the blender on "chop" at first, and when solids are well chopped, I raise the speed to "grind" to fizz it up.


My sugarless smoothie without yogurt seems sweet enough to me and defines pure goodness and well-being, but if you must have it sweeter, use honey.  Fructose runs your brain, whereas dextrose only confuses it.  Oops, I've preached again!  I'll wash out my mouth with some "South African banana-peanut cake."  See my post for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment